Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Playing with Fire

That's what I've been doing lately. I bought myself a torch and I've been melting metal. Sounds fun, huh? Yeah, it is. Until you forget that your third hand gets hot too and you grab it right after torching something. Smart.

So I've been playing with fire and learning to solder and fuse metals.

This is what I've made over the past two days:

These copper rings are soldered closed by yours truly and have sterling wire wrapped accents. *grin*



These are made with fine silver (99% pure as opposed to sterling silver which is 92.5% silver). The little balls on the end are made by torching the metal. Watching it melt and ball up is the COOLEST thing ever!

I think these two pair will eventually make it to the website. The second pair needs to be perfected (I think I'll go with a slightly smaller gauge wire) and the first pair I think I might have to keep for myself and make another pair for the store. *grin*

Thanks to all of you who prayed for me yesterday. I've been having a rough time lately and yesterday was a horrible, horrible day. I can't really expand on anything at the moment, but just know that your prayers and support mean the world to me and someday soon I'll be able to share what I think God is doing.

7 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

Cool. Jewelry making isn't nearly as safe as I thought!

I hope you feel back to normal soon.

Bernadine said...

Love the earrings!

Kristin said...

Very, very, very cool. I dig the squiggles!

The Ramblin' Rat said...

Those are amazing. You truly have a gift in the jewelry making department.

The Rock Chick said...

Both sets are beautiful crystal! I love them!

Erin said...

Those are awesome!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.