The Tagaholic, Errrrr, Sandy tagged me for the random things meme. The rules are to post the rules on your blog, write six random things about yourself, and then tag six people.
But you see, I'm not much for rule following. I think rules were made to be broken, or at least tested (and I can hear my parents singing the Ballad of the Parent of the Strong-Willed Child right now...). SO, will she follow the rules? Will she or won't she?
I guess we'll find out.
I like writing random posts. I've been meaning to do one for a while, but you know how that goes. I'm a bad blogger lately. Shame, shame. Someone throw chocolate at me as punishment already. Oh well. Here we go! Wait!! Before we do, I should also thank all of you who nominated my blog for the "I Love Your Blog" award. You know who you are (and I know who you are too, but I'm paranoid that if I start listing you all, I'll leave one out on accident and that would just be bad.) So thank you. All of you. I adore you all. Will that work? *grin*
Here we go for real...
* I hate scrapbooking. I've now spent over forty hours on a digital scrapbook (aka "adoption profile"). I've secretly enjoyed it. But I hate scrapbooking. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (Kristin, are you still my friend?)
* I need a good kick in the rear. Well, what's left of it anyway. You see, I've been working it off for the past few weeks. Figuratively, I mean, in my jewelry business. Not actually, you know, like with exercise. Who exercises anyway? I think that died with the invention of the internet. At least it did for me.
* This bullet point is a continuation of the last one just cause I feel like it. Gosh! So, the kick I need in what's left of my rear is because of my goal setting and reaching. I don't need help setting them and reaching them. I need help rewarding myself for setting and reaching them. I set one sales goal for myself and decided that when I hit it, I'd reward myself with a nice, new toy (a rolling mill, new camera lens, or kiln). I reached that goal and bumped up the reward to the next goal. I met that goal and put it off even more. And so on and so forth and now I'm one tiny sale away from doubling my original goal and I can't make myself do it. I decided I'd go for the lens (and oh what a sweet lens it is!) but even though I want it so much I daydream about it daily, I just can't write that check. What's wrong with me?! I'm a shopaholic - this should not be a problem. Commitment issues. I have commitment issues.
* I secretly wish I were a photographer instead of a jeweler.
* I still love designing jewelry, but the volume of repetitious items I've made lately has made me want a vacation. I'll have to slow down once we get a baby. I won't be able to keep up this pace and be a mom at the same time. Please note that I'm not complaining. Not at all. I'm thrilled! But I'm also tired. I need a nap. Or thirty.
* Our home study might be submitted for approval this week. Finally. Maybe. Don't hold your breath.
* This is random point #7. See? It's the whole rule thing.
* I'm really pushing it now, aren't I?
* Sandy, are you still my friend?
* I took this photo over the weekend, at my parents' new house. They just bought a new house. Yay, new ho-boaters! (If you're scratching your head in confusion right now, "ho-boaters" is "home owners" when you have the flu... which is what I had when we closed on our house a few years ago. Ho-boaters just stuck. Got it? Cool.) I took it in their new bathroom, which has a window. I wish my bathroom had a window. I wish my house had their house. It's a nice house. It's not so easy to photograph yourself photographing yourself in a mirror. Although it is easier than photographing your own ear. Ladies and gentlemen (man?), this is me without makeup (but also without zits - Photoshop is my friend).
* The photo is in our scrapbook/profile. Want to see the page it's on? Here you go. Sneak peek. Maybe I'll be nice and show you the rest someday.
* You see the necklace I'm wearing? It's an "oops!". It was an order for this cherry blossom pendant. However, I drilled the hole just a little off-center, so it hung quite crooked. Oops. I won't sell something like that, but I will keep it and wear it. You really can't tell when it's on, I found out this weekend, so oooooops! Yay me. I like my cherry blossom pendants, and now I have one! (If you were wondering, I did re-make it, though much better, and it is happily on its way to its new owner as we speak. Err, type. Or whatever we're doing right now. I guess I'm typing and you're reading. Or bathing in a vat of chocolate. I don't know you. I can't pretend to know what you're doing, you sick freak.)
* That's all!
* WAIT. Not quite. I can't end on #13. I just can't.
* So I guess I'll say something else.
* I'm supposed to tag 6 people, but I'll just leave that choice up to you. Who has time to do a meme anyway these days when there is chocolate to be eaten (or bathed in)?
* That's all.
* For real this time. I think. Who can tell though, really? Those pesky commitment issues again...