I have zero writing creativity today. I think maybe The Rock Chick's curse is catching! Even so, her Thursday Thirteen this week is so much more interesting than mine is going to be.
Eventually, a friend and I are going to have a meme of our very own about product reviews. We keep talking about it, but neither of us has actually started it yet. But in honor of that, this week's list is:
Thirteen Things I Can't Live Without
2. My Oral-B Triumph. I've tried several different power toothbrushes, and this one is hands down the best I've tried. I'm an obsessive tooth brusher. When I brush manually, I end up brushing for at least twice as long as you're supposed to, and I also brush sort of hard. Even still, I simply can't get my teeth as clean as I can with the Triumph. It makes me feel like I just flossed even if I didn't. Even my dentist noticed the difference at my last visit, and I've only had it for a few weeks. We've actually had one for about a year and a half, but I stopped using it because it was in the back bathroom, and I'm never in there when I want to brush my teeth. So I bought a second one. My hubby still uses the first one. Speaking of teeth, I *didn't* need a filling last Friday after all! The little bitty cavity I had disappeared, which leads me to...
3. Fluoride. Yes, it's toxic and I'm supposed to be all about the natural crunchy stuff, but that stuff works! The hygienist gave me a fluoride treatment at my cleaning last month and it made my little cavity vanish! I know it was there because I'm the one that first found it before I even had my 6-month exam. I don't like the idea of putting it in tap water, but as far as topical fluoride? Oh fluoride, I love you so.
4. Lindt Lindor Truffles and Ghirardelli Twilight Delight. Because I have to get the money's worth out of that fluoride, you know. Those of us that are chocolate snobs and love the truffles call them little pieces of heaven. Ahhhh. As for Twilight Delight, it's 72% cacao, but oh so smooth and not in the least bit bitter. I'm actually surprised that an American chocolate company finally got it right. All other chocolate is simply inferior and should bow down before the Lindt and Ghirardelli kings.
5. Annie's Mac & Cheese. Who says adults can't love mac & cheese just as much as they did when they were kids? Move over blue box, because Annie's Homegrown Organic is the best boxed mac ever. You might remember a couple months ago I fiddled around with the Easy Mac (which was a waste and a disaster and a shame to mac & cheese fans everywhere). While that was not a good experience, it gave me a craving for mac & cheese that I haven't gotten rid of yet! We've been buying Annie's for a few years now, but don't eat it that often. However, recently I found little individual serving packs of Annie's Organic in white cheddar flavor. It doesn't come in its own cup, but that's ok... less waste, right? It actually tastes *good* out of the microwave. I love this stuff, and it's so convenient and fast. I *heart* you, Annie. You're welcome at my dinner table any day.
6. My memory card reader. I take a lot of pictures with my digital camera, and transferring them to the computer is so much easier with this little number. I don't waste camera battery power, and it is *so* much faster this way. Best $12 I've ever spent.
7. My cellphone! I have a Motorola Razr V3 and love it. I haven't quite figured out why so many people hate theirs. I really have not had any problems with mine. I just wish I would have sprung for the pink one!
8. The Bernzomatic 3 in 1 Micro Torch. You already know I have a love affair with my torch. It makes me shiver with excitement. Who knew melting metal could be such fun?
9. Our satellite with DVR. We just got satellite service a few months ago. Before we got it, we had digital cable. The digital cable had a couple more channels that we don't get with satellite, but we haven't really missed them. And now we have DVR. How did we ever live without this little gem?? I don't watch much tv, but when I do, it's nice to have a tool that records my favorite shows without me having to remember them every week.
10. My Lortone Tumbler. Nothing can put that mirror finish on metal like my Lortone professional rock tumbler does! I use it almost every day. My jewelery making buddies joke that if you have a house fire, you grab your Lortone first and your silver/gemstones second. *grin*
11. My Canon Digital Rebel XTi. Oh wait! I don't have it yet. I simply cannot go on. *sigh*
12. Carrots. One of God's greatest creations. I don't know why I love them so much, but I do.
13. Comet. Yes, rhymes with vomit, but cleans kitchen sinks like no other. I use it because my momma uses it, and she must know best, right?
Perhaps next week I'll list 13 things I hate! Happy Thursday, people.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants