Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hot off the bench, partie deux

(No, I do not know French. I had to ask my highly intelligent and adorable husband how to write out "part two" in French. He's so smart.)

I've been working overtime lately, and I'm pooped. This isn't everything, but several pieces of eye candy for you to feast upon (including the one that gave me nightmares!). *grin* As always, click photos to enlarge.


Smoky quartz wire wrapped briolettes and sterling silver disc earrings:



Textured sterling rectangles:



Sterling teardrop & flower pendant:


Textured circle necklace:




And finally, a flower. Bloggy friends, this thing HAUNTED me. I wasn't sure I would be able to finish it with my wimpy torch. So I bought a second wimpy torch. Apparently two wimpy torches are better than one, and that did the trick! This thing is five layers deep and took me days to make. Of course, it wouldn't have taken me nearly as long had I had two wimpy torches at the beginning. Also, I think it would be easier in all sterling. Believe it or not, copper is much harder to solder successfully. I'm SO proud of myself for finishing this! *grin* This is the most difficult and challenging piece I've ever made. *BIG GRIN* I have visions of doing a line of flowers, but I chose the magnolia as the first one since it is part of our logo and all.




And guess what! After stewing over it for a couple of months, I decided to just stick with my laptop for now (and hope it doesn't crash too). Soooo, my Canon 400D (Rebel XTi) with a lot of fun accessories is on its way! What kind of accessories can you get for a camera, you ask? Well, umm, I got a remote control. A freaking remote control for a camera. Imagine that! I'm so excited!

I finally read the results of the poll I made a couple weeks ago about our jewelry prices. It looks like most of you think they're priced right. However, one of you thinks it is priced too high! I apologize, but I had a pretty hard giggle at that. Our prices are lower than most, ya know. I have no idea who voted for that option, but whoever you are, if only you knew how much time and money goes into making jewelry and running a design business, I think you might change your vote. It's not as easy as it looks. But then again, I don't think it looks easy either. At least not that magnolia pendant. I dare you to tell me it looks easy and should be priced really low! *giggle*

Anyway, thanks for voting and reaffirming what we were feeling about our business. *grin*

3 comments:

Chelsea Rae said...

YAY!!! I am so excited you are getting your camera! I am very curious about the remote you are getting, where are you getting it from? What kind of lenses(spelling??) are you getting? You must be thrilled!

heidi @ ggip said...

Those are some fun, different designs.

Kristin said...

Wow, that magnolia is... WOW!! That's just amazing! I think I could seriously hurt myself or one of my small children if I wore something like that. But maybe not. Great work, girl!