Thursday, October 11, 2007

Well, November should be interesting

We just finished planning a grand opening open house party at my home for November 10th. It's from 2-6pm, so if you live nearby, feel free to join us! We'll be having some good food, some fun, and some door prizes.

Just after we solidified the plans, we were contacted about being a vendor in a local trade show. The fees are low and benefit charity, so we thought why not? The kicker? The show is two days after our party. Two days, people! Can you say crazy weekend?

I am now officially freaking out. I have so much to do between now and then that it's not even funny. I need to paint the hall bath, and change out some fixtures in there. I also need to shampoo the carpets, and and and... not to mention all the business prep stuff. I mean, inventory, food, decorations, cash box, change, oh my Lord I'm going to go crazy.

We've decided to offer hostess party opportunities as well. So, I'm going to have people in my home, I'm going to go to a SHOW as a VENDOR (which I have never even come close to doing!) and might be going into other people's homes to hold parties. Umm, have I mentioned that I have social phobias?

It should be interesting, that's for sure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Crystal! Sounds like a great thing for your business!!1

Sarah said...

Praying for you and your fingers!!!!!


Hey I saw a show on DIY this morning...it was a craft show...one of the ladies was making bracelets out of metal and beads. I wasn't sure if you would be interested in this kind, but as much as you like fire and metal I thought I would pass it along to you. here is where you can find details about that show episode....
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_hcc2c/article/0,3110,DIY_27284_4938519,00.html

Sarah said...

OK yeayh...that link didn't work....ok here's how I found it....
go to DIY's web site
search the shows for "Crafters Coast To Coast"
look for the show that aired today 10/12/07
it's the second part of that show

Erin said...

WOW! Your business is really growing! Congrats! Praying for your ability to handle the home shows and being a vendor, maybe it will be good for your phobia. You'll do awesome!!

heidi @ ggip said...

It sounds like you have a lot of opportunities and a lot of work ahead of you. If you don't get all the things done around the house, don't worry about it.

Shannon said...

Oooh, I'm excited about your craft show! I'll be praying for you. I can't wait to hear how it goes.