Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One sick pup

Our little Molly Mouse has been a little sick the past several days. I think she got into something outside. Whatever it is, her little belly has not been happy. It's been all gurgley so she'll go outside and eat the grass which of course then makes her puke. There have been other digestive issues too, of which I will spare you the details.

If she continues to have problems today, I get to be the lucky person who catches a poo to give to the vet to analyze. Aren't you glad you don't have that job (either poo catcher or analyzer)? So far, so good today. Yesterday I started her on a very bland diet with some added acidophillus and a doggy safe tummy med and I think it might be helping. I haven't heard a gurgle since, and I haven't let her eat grass the past two days, so no pukes either.

I discovered that she does not like plain white rice. It's too sticky. She'll try to eat it and then spit it out, smacking her lips like, "what the HECK?!" However, she loves boiled potato, and she'll tolerate the rice mixed with boiled potato. I'll add some meat after her belly gets a little rest and I'm sure she'll tolerate the rice with meat as well. Trixie, on the other hand, will eat anything.

There. I promised I'd make my next post about something other than jewelry, so even though I have several new pretties to share - you got to read about poo and puke instead! Don't you just love my blog?

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Awww, poor Molly :o( It always stinks when pets get sick. When we had Walter he always had something wrong with his stomach. I ended up buying him gastroenteric dog food and that helped. Hopefully Molly gets better soon.

The Rock Chick said...

I love your blog!!! Poop seems to be taking over my life-yours, too! LOL

Poor Molly Mouse :) I hope she feels better soon.

My BAILey had a touchy stomach and he never liked rice either. My other dog, Book 'Em, will eat anything, including bees, money and shampoo. Fortunately, he has a strong stomach!!

heidi @ ggip said...

That is a hilarious post.

Jessica Morris said...

I checked out your new stuff on your site - I love the crimped earrings! So cool!! :)
And the triangle in the circle - very stylish!

I gotta say I am *not* jealous of you and your potential-poop-catching :) Enjoy it! And then blog about it :)

I haven't a clue what I'd want to do on a dog tag - it was kind of an abstract idea.