Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Macro...

... Monday... Tuesday... Wednesday #7. Yes, Wednesday.

I'm so very sorry that this is two whole days late! You see, the past week has been crazy busy and I haven't had much time to think, much less take a macro photo and blog about it. I didn't even get a photo taken until late Monday night and fully intended to write up the post after, but got sidetracked. I worked all day Tuesday and, well, here we are. So there.

I may or may not have a Macro Monday up for the next two weeks, since it's the holidays and all. At the very least, I will try to tell you what this week's photo is. Who knows, maybe I'll put new ones up both weeks. Just don't hold me to it, mmmmkay?

Alrighty then, with that out of the way, let's get on to the good stuff.

No one really guessed last week's photos. The three closest were Heidi with "some underwater creature", Jeanie with "underwater adventures with Jacques Cousteau's son", and Mrs. Smith with "shell for a hermit crab".

It's not a crab, but it's an underwater creature for sure, and I imagine Jacques Cousteau saw his fair share of them, though I'm not sure about his son. Did he have a son? Did the son go scuba diving? Did he happen to see...

... a starfish?

Because if he did, then he might have just been able to correctly guess the photos. Though probably not, because dang, they DO kind of look like dog toys don't they?!




I forgot to get a shot of the whole thing, so you'll just have to take my word for it. The first one is the top of the starfish, and the last two are of the side and bottom. Interesting creatures, those starfish.

Here is this week's photo:




What is it? I don't know! Oh wait, yes I do. I took it. But do you know? Can you outsmart my macro? Good luck!

P.S... we finally got a new, more-than-$15-piece-of-turd-tripod. It's awesome. Buh-bye, camera shake. See ya!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broccoli?

Anonymous said...

I guessed broccoli also...before I saw r8chel's guess. :)

Claire said...

Rachel beat me to it too!

Cxx

Anonymous said...

BROCCOLI!!!! mmmmm.... broccoli.

Anonymous said...

I too guessed broccoli before I read everyone else's guess.

Anonymous said...

that's what I'm thinking. Totally looks like broccoli

Bethany said...

The center of a flower.

Anonymous said...

I love that so many people can tell it's broccoli! :-D

Erin said...

I was thinking flower blossoms of some kind, but then I read the broccoli comments so thats my guess! =)

Erin said...

I was thinking flower blossoms of some kind, but then I read the broccoli comments so thats my guess! =)

BeckeyZ said...

definitely broccoli

Jen said...

yea broccoli

heidi @ ggip said...

Starfish is just what I meant!

I'm guessing hyacinth because everyone else is guessing broccoli.

Anonymous said...

These are really hard, Crystal. Don't you have normal stuff in your house? ;op

It looks like the bud of a plant to me. I just can't tell why there would be so many buds there, but that's what it looks like to me. Or the center of a plant - you know, where the bees go in?

Jenny-Fair said...

I think it's that half-broccoli-half-cauliflower veggie. So there.

Nicole said...

I am going to say that it looks like... broccoli! Even though everyone else already guessed that. But it does look like broccoli.

Mrs. Smith said...

I vote broccoli too...that was my first reaction.

I love Macro Monday bunches, but no need to apologize for being busy. *hug* You totally rock in my book for taking the time to give me a fun little puzzle to look forward to no matter when you get around to posting it. :-D