Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Pumpkin Bread Recipe & a New Look!

This is the first year I have made this recipe, but my old one is on my other hard drive and I was in a big hurry on T-day!

So, I hopped onto my favorite recipe site, www.recipezaar.com, and printed out this one. I used a whole can of pumpkin (didn't measure it, so I don't know if it was the "right" amount or not) and substituted unsweetened granny smith apple sauce for 1/2 the oil, mostly for flavor. I also left out the nuts because I did not have any. I'm not sure I could taste a difference between this recipe (even with my modifications which are ones that I don't normally do) and the recipe I usually make, but the bread is really most and it got compliments from everyone that tried it.

http://www.recipezaar.com/13391

Enjoy! :o)

Whatcha think of my blog's new face lift? Be honest!

9 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

Your blog is beautiful Crystal! Really! I love it!

Jessica Morris said...

I LOVE it!!! I am with the other Jessica - it is beautiful!! It's fresh and 'pretty.' (can blogs be pretty?!!" K, well yours officially is! :)

Catherine said...

New template looks nice.

Kim said...

I luuuuurve the new blog face lift - it loads faster, too!

TallGiraffe said...

I've never actually tried pumpkin bread. I guess I'll have to hunt some down next year!

Chelsea Rae said...

I like it a lot! I keep thinking that my blog needs a face lift but I haven't gotten around to it, I think you inspired me.

Anonymous said...

I love the template! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! And it does load faster!

heidi @ ggip said...

I usually use the pumpkin bread recipe from the can of pumpkin, but I'm always open to trying new things.

When I made your apple bread (which was DElicious btw) I actually substituted apple juice for some of the oil. That worked good too.

Have fun!