Sunday, May 18, 2008

And now for something completely different...

This is a copper pendant made with a fold-forming technique. Actually, I don't really know much about fold-forming. I just sort of winged it, but it came out mostly how I imagined. I've seen some really neat things made with fold-forming. From a funky piece like mine to something really unique such as metal origami! Now that is cool.

Dustin says it looks like it went through someone's intestine. LOL A jewelry buddy called it "edgy". I think "edgy" sounds better than "digested", don't you? ;o) Either way, it's definitely different. Sometimes I like to go outside my little box. But not for long. I'll hop back on the symmetrical bandwagon really soon. I promise.

The second photo shows the pendant hanging on one of those new black steel chokers. They have nickel-free (not sterling, sorry!) magnetic clasps.


1 comment:

The Rock Chick said...

This is beautiful! What I like about it is it's not symmetrical or perfectly straight, etc. I'm that way with hairdos, too!

Yes, edgy sounds way better than digested! This is a beautiful piece no matter what you call it, though!

I have a winner for the gift certificate that you donated. Shelly is getting in contact with her and I'll let you know, ok? Thanks again for your generous donation!!!