Friday, June 20, 2008

Yay or nay?

Yes, yes. I know that the proper term is "yae or nay", but I'm wavering between "nay" and "YAY!" with this new pendant I've been working on.

I've found myself strangely obsessed with dandelions lately. Not in my yard, of course, but artsy representations of them. I've seen some cool dandelion jewelry and other art on Etsy (including this super fabulous wall art that I've been arguing with myself over whether or not I.NEED.IT. for the past couple of weeks), and even though I try to not be a bandwagon-jumper, I had to this time. I thought about doing something in metal, but that's already been done. Sooo, I thought I'd try it on some polymer clay.

This is a whimsy representation of a dandelion, so not what you might be expecting. I just can't figure out if I like it or not. I may try it again but with the colors reversed.

Soo what do you think? Is it a yay!? Or is it a nay?




11 comments:

Stacy said...

Funny. I love dandelions in our lawn- they're so pretty.
I think it might look cool with the colors reversed.

heidi @ ggip said...

I'm gonna be honest and say I don't like it tons. Just because I"m not sure it's 100% clear at first glance that it is a flower.

I've noticed the dandelion art, etc too, and I think it's so funny since most of us try to get rid of them, and then we buy pictures of them to put in our house????

Erin said...

Yay! I think its so cute, and fun looking, in a classy way.

Nicole said...

I have to say yay! What a cool idea :o)

The Rock Chick said...

oh its a YAY! It's a beautiful piece!!

LuLu Borealis said...

I say yay, I love the way your artist eye caught it. Delicate yet a bit abstract with out going over the edge. I like it. :)

Stacy said...

Vaccine decisions scare me spitless too. At this point I'm inclined to skip them all and decide one at a time. I have a whole list of books about the subject if you're interested. They make for very scary reading.

Crystal said...

Thanks for all the feedback! :D

Jessica Morris said...

I think it looks cool, but I don't think I'd of gotten that it was a dandelion. But my imagination is strange like that.
And you've already thanked everyone for their feedback so you're probably not looking for any more... I'm a little slow.

Crystal said...

LOL More feedback is appreciated. :)

Nicole said...

More feedback is okay hey?

Well then...

I still say yay!!! ;o)