Thursday, June 12, 2008

Can't Wait

With a huge grin on his face he happily exclaims, "I can't wait!" when talking about the Adopted Child To Be.
You realize that the years of pain and torture and seemingly endless roller coaster of emotions will be worth it when you see him hold it all in his hands for the very first time.

Even if he doesn't cry.
But you know he will, if only in his soul.

That moment won't erase the forever pain, for pain is ever present when a part of your heart is not.
But it will dress a wound.

Time will stand still.
Dreams will no longer be a thing of sleep.

A man will grow up to be a dad.
And like that man, I just can't wait.

4 comments:

Dustin said...

I really can't wait...

:-D

The Rock Chick said...

I can't wait for you guys either! I know they can't promise you a date, but is there any idea of how long the wait generally is with this agency you are going through?

Crystal said...

I think the average is a year or less, but they said going into it to prepare for a two year wait.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, just awesome, Crystal!

I'll be praying that the perfect little one is being prepared for you right now. Wow...I can't wait to hear the good news! :)