Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's the neverending saga...

... of the certain home goods store that shall forever and a day remain nameless.

Oh yes, bloggy buds. The story lives on. And on. And on. It never dies. It never sleeps, though it haunts me in mine.

This latest chapter in our little story does not include a package, however. Oh no. This time it includes a random online banking check-in (which I try to do often to keep up on the finances and such) and a credit to my card. A credit for the exact amount of my original purchase, for which I was charged but once.

So now the story reads:

One order
Of six items
Sent twelve times
With zero dollars out of my pocket

People, you cannot make this stuff up.

I'm not quite sure what to do at this point other than curl into a fetal position, crying and questioning my very existence on this insane planet. With the economy being in the toilet and all, is it really wise to both waste product and give away free cash? I'm thinking that's a no.

I owe all of my jewelry customers a big apology. Never have I sent multiple products over and over again for free. I didn't realize this was how retail worked. They don't teach you these fine points of business sense in college, you know. If only all businesses operated backwards this way. Can you imagine?

One mortgage note
Twelve houses
Zero monthly mortgage payment

One full time job
Plus twelve hours overtime
Zero income

One Crystal
Twelve blogs
Zero sanity

I always liked math in school, but this has been a wee bit ridiculous, don't you think? My brain hurts.

10 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

I once bought an alleged male hamster for my son at the pet store and two days later it had TWELVE babies. Like you, it was a buy one/get 12 free deal! Not too many businesses run those and you have to take advantage when they do, I guess!

Jen said...

It sounds like the grimlin effect.. one Gizmo...12 thousand grimlins? lol

Nicole said...

Haha oh my goodness! This company is really crazy. They have got to be losing a ton of money cuz I'm pretty sure they are doing the same thing with their other customers!

Haha about the hamster comment up above. I would love it if one of my hamsters had babies like that!

BeckeyZ said...

You are trying to make sense out of the senseless.....it will make your brain hurt.

Chris the Crazy Conservative said...

"One order
Of six items
Sent twelve times
With zero dollars out of my pocket..."

Priceless!

heidi @ ggip said...

Yeah, this is weird!

Crystal said...

LOL Jen!

I'm trying to imagine what I would have done if one of my dogs gave birth to 12 puppies right after we got her.

I think I'd run and hide.

Jenny-Fair said...

The other day I saw a news headline that read Linens and Things was going out of business. The FIRST thing that popped into my head was...'I might know why!'

Nicole said...

LOL to Jenny-Fair's comment :P

Crystal, if my dog had 12 puppies after we got her I would have been shocked cuz she was only 5 weeks old!

Anonymous said...

12 times --- all your Christmas shopping could have been done in one go. And for free! ;o)

Kidding ----- I'm KIDDING!!