Monday, February 25, 2008

How does your garden grow?

It will grow well, I hope! However, we won't know yet for at least a few weeks. We my dad dug up an 8'x15' patch of the yard, tilled it, and composted it on Saturday. On Sunday, we planted some plants and seeds.




My first REAL veggie garden! We have tomato plants, red bell pepper plants, and we planted cucumber, zucchini, yellow squash, and green bean seeds. It's a small garden because, well, I do not have a green thumb. It's not the hot Texas heat I'm worried about here... hopefully this garden will survive me.

We plan to put something up around it to keep the dogs out. Right now I have to watch them every time they go out there. I'd like to put up some trellis, but if it's too expensive we'll just be all hillbilly and go for the chicken wire. ;o)

See? Doesn't she look like a tuh-mater dog to you? She looks like a 'mater dog to me.


How about you? Are you planting a garden this year?

4 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

I plant tomatoes and herbs. Thats all. We don't have much room for a garden. At least I am reasonably successful with what we do plant anyhow...

Good luck!

Jessica Morris said...

Nope, but maybe next year!!
I may try some flowers this year :)

Next year I'll look to you for tips!

Anonymous said...

We are actually going to plant a garden this year. Thankfully, our co-owners know what they're doing, because I'm 100% sure I could not do it! Once the snow goes away, I'll take some pics of our garden plot =)

The Rock Chick said...

I would love to have a garden of either flowers or veggies but I do not have a green thumb. I think I have the black thumb of death for plants. I can't manage to keep any plant alive.